Whole Grain Bread Recipe
Tasty flavors with small seeds for good texture. This is the best whole grain bread recipe. The seeds can be added to add to its flavor and structure.
PREPARATION: 20 MIN. COOKING: 1 HOUR. WAITING TIME: 45 MIN. RISING: 12 HRS. FOR: 1 BREAD OF ABOUT 900 G (2 LBS).
500 mL (2 cups) unbleached all-purpose flour
250 ml (1 cup) whole wheat flour
1/2 cup (125 ml) spelled flour
1/2 cup (125 ml) spelled flakes
7.5 ml (1 1/2 tsp.) Salt
2.5 ml (1/2 teaspoon) instant yeast
430 ml (1 3/4 cups) cold water
1/4 cup (60 ml) spelled flakes
1/4 cup (60 ml) pumpkin seeds
60 ml (1/4 cup) sunflower seeds
1/4 cup (60 ml) whole wheat flour
In a large saucepan, combine the flours, spelled flakes, salt and yeast. Add the water. Mix with a fork until the flour is completely moistened, but the dough is not completely smooth. Cover and let stand 8 to 12 hours or overnight at room temperature.
1. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients. Reserve.
Using your hands, in the pan, deflate the dough and fold it onto itself about 6 times or until it is smooth.
2. Place the dough in the bowl with the flakes and grains and coat the entire surface with this mixture. Cover and let stand for about 45 minutes or until dough has doubled in size.
3. Meanwhile, place the rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 225 °C (450°F). Place an ovenproof casserole or casserole dish with a capacity of about 3 liters (12 cups), with its lid (not glass), and let heat for about 30 minutes.
4. Remove the lid from the casserole dish. Drop the bread with the grain mixture in the center of the casserole dish. Cover and cook for 30 minutes. Remove the lid and continue cooking for 30 minutes.
5. Let the bread cool on a grill or in the casserole dish. Remove the excess flour.