Valentine’s Day Cake
TIPS for Valentine’s day cake recipe: to make more delicious cake, you can also add chocolate chips in the cake batter. And for an even more fruity and tangy recipe, add a few fresh raspberries to the chocolate batter. A real delight!
Oh Valentine’s Day, this wonderful day that should not be missed. It’s “I love you” day and beware of those who forget it ?
Do not use the famous phony excuse: darling Valentine’s Day is with you every day! No, no and no. It will not work! There are different ways of saying I love you and today we are showing you how to do it!
INGREDIENTS: 10 PERS.
Preparation: 20 min
Cooking: 40 mins
Rest: 4 hrs
Ingredients FOR THE CAKE
100g (½ cup) of flour
240 g (1 ¼ cups) sugar
200 g (8 oz) of praline chocolate
200 g (8 oz) dark chocolate
250 g (8.8 oz) of semi-salted butter
2 tbsp. strawberry jam
2 tbsp. raspberry jam
1 sachet of baking powder
Ingredients FOR THE ICING
160 g (5.6 oz) of red fruit coulis
20 cl (0.8 cup or 14 table spoons) of water
2 gelatin sheets
Read also ? The Meaning of the Number of Roses | Pay Attention to the Number of Roses If You Want to Give Someone
Instructions Valentine’s Day Cake Recipe
1. Melt the two chocolates and the butter in the microwave.
2. In a bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar. Add the chocolate preparation. Add the flour; yeast and mix vigorously.
3. Divide the dough into two equal portions. Pour the first half into a heart-shaped silicone mold. Bake for 25 minutes (at 180 °C or 356°F). Let cool and unmold the cake. Do the same with the second half of the dough.
4. When the cakes are cold, spread the strawberry jam, then the raspberry jam on one of the hearts. Place the second heart on it. Place in the fridge for 2 hours.
5. Prepare your icing. Soften the gelatin sheets in cold water. In a saucepan, bring your coulis to a boil with 20 cl (0.8 cup or 14 table spoons) of water. At the first boiling, place your saucepan off the heat, add your gelatin sheets then mix and keep in the fridge for an hour.
6. After this time, take out your cake, pour your mirror glaze gently on it so that it covers the entire surface. Put the cake back in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
Photo credit: Cleverly Smart